Friday, June 26, 2009

Noise~

Noise, noise,and more noise! Sometimes it feels like I am at a big party and there is no way I will hear anything anyone is saying because of the intensity of the NOISE! I know I have always been a contributor of this noise but as I have added more children to this family and have gotten older I have learned to enjoy the quiet whenever I can get it. I have also learned that not saying anything is OK. When someone receives bad news, when someone picked you as a sounding board and just erupts, when a patient dies, when your heart is soaring with joy, when praying and you feel empowered by the Holy Spirit, when your child is lying in your arms and he is peaceful....these are the times when words are not necessary. I used to believe that I always could find the right words to make things better for any situation. Often I don't know what to say. There are no words to express when a friends child dies or a family has decided to offer their son's organs to others because his life has been cut short. I have realized that the quieter I am the more I hear and learn. Back home my family and friends are all very loud and talk with their hands. It's what I know. It hasn't changed and I guess overall I would rather have the noise then not. Maybe I can incorporate a longer quiet time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment